Guharoy, S.R. and Barajas M. 1991. Probable anaphylactic reaction to corn-derived dextrose solution. Veterinary and Human Toxicology. 33 (6): 609-610.
- In the incident described, a pregnant woman had a serious allergic reaction when a dextrose solution was administered intravenously during the delivery of her child at an American hospital. Her reaction stopped when the IV was stopped. The baby was fine.
(I have also personally had a bad reaction to a dextrose drip in hospital, but it wasn’t written up in a scientific article).